Recreation Outdoor Activities Uganda
Uganda Recreation Outdoor Activities are tremendously amazing because of the sport concept in them. The pearl of Africa is endowed with magnificent water bodies, mountains, forest and beautiful parks that are ideal for several outdoor adventure tourist activities. Beautiful lakes and rivers, magnificent landscape plus amazing weather and climatic conditions make Uganda the best holiday destination in Africa. Some of the several water sports and land sporting activities include:-
- White water rafting Uganda
- Bungee Jumping
- River Nile Kayaking
- River boarding and water surfing.
- Cycling in Mabira Forest
- Quad Biking
- Mountain biking
- Jet boating and boat trips
- Hiking and mountaineering
- Jet skiing
- Horse riding – Horse riding increasingly becoming popular in Uganda as a tour activity. At present, many places offer horse-back safaris. You can enjoy horseback ride along the banks of River Nile or across villages around Jinja. Instead of using a safari open-rooftop vehicle, you use a horse for game viewing in Lake Mburo National Park. If you have less time, there are stables around Kampala offering shorter rides.
White water rafting is a water activity of riding on a raft over rough, dangerous parts of a fast-flowing and roaring river. This adventure activity in Uganda is done on River Nile.
A Kayak is a small, relatively narrow, human-powered boat principally made to be manually boosted by use of a double blade paddle. The habitual kayak has a covered deck and one or more cockpits, each seating one paddler. Their cockpits is sometimes enclosed by a spray deck that prevents the entry of water from waves or spray.
Bungee jumping also spelt bungy jumping, is an activity involving a person jumping from a great height while connected to a large and strong elastic cord attached into one’s feet. Its done on River Nile.
To do quad biking, you don’t need to have any earlier experience. In Uganda, this sport is mainly done in Jinja in the villages along river Nile. When you go for it, you will get free training or practice before the safari begins. This pre-safari training is exclusive of the time for the whole trip.
Rock climbing is an activity where participants climb up, down or across natural rocks or artificial rock walls with a target of of reaching the peak or endpoint of a route with steadiness.