Gorilla Habituation Experience Safari in Bwindi Uganda
The Gorilla Habituation Experience safari in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is a practice done mainly in the south section of the park. The 3 days gorilla habituation safari is a unique Uganda gorilla trip to Bwindi impenetrable national park. It involves spending four hours with the mountain gorillas in the forest and participating in their training as you enjoy the once in a lifetime jungle experience. The experience introduced by the Uganda Wildlife Authority in 2014 is done with Rushaga and Nkuringo gorilla families.
This 3 Days gorilla habituation Experience in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable National Park may commence from either Entebbe or Kigali basing on the travelers’ flight schedules and preferences. On this trip, you will participate in training the Mountain Gorillas for a maximum of 4 hours in order to get them used to human presence.. The difference between the common gorilla trekking and the habituation concept is that, with the latter, visitors spend more time of around four hours with the endangered species. Unlike with the ordinary gorilla tracking during which tourists stay for one hour in the midst of the endangered mountain gorillas in the forest. Habituation helps visitors to learn widely all about mountain gorillas and their characters.
Detailed Trip Plan
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
In the morning, the driver guide from Speedway Safaris will pick from Kampala or Entebbe area to begin the day’s drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in Kabale district in south-western Uganda. Enroute, you will make a stop at the Uganda Equator for a photo moment and body stretching before proceeding with the gorilla habituation safari. Continue and make another stop in Mbarara City for lunch followed by further driving further to Bwindi in the southern areas of Rushaga or Nkuringo. Arrive in the evening. Overnight at Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge, Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge on full board.
Day 2: Gorilla Habituation Experience in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
This is the day for the habituation experience in the jungles of Bwindi National Park. Begin your day with breakfast and then transfer to the park offices for briefing about interesting gorilla familiarization experience.
This is the you have long been waiting for to come. While at the park, the guides will take you through the rules of habituating mountain gorillas. Moving across the thickets and undergrowth is search of the giant apes is a unique wild experience. Upon meeting them, there is a sigh of relief as you feel about the life-time excursion in the tropical forest.
With the habituation experience, visitors get to stay for full four hours with the gorillas. Whereas under the usual gorilla trekking either in Uganda, Rwanda or Congo, visitors are allowed 60 minutes with the primates. During the 240 minutes with gorillas in Bwindi, you one is able to take photos, ask his guide questions about the critically endangered primate species, observe closely and note their behaviors and life styles. Habituation is mainly loved by tourists who want to enjoy gorillas for longer hours, researchers, educationists, scientists, students as well as animal psychologists. Staying near them helps a lot in learning more.
After this memorable adoption experience, transfer back to the lodge for relaxation. Overnight and diner at Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge, Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge on full board.
Day 3: Transfer back to Kampala, arrive in the Evening
Have your breakfast and leave for Kampala. Take a lunch break in Mbarara town, continue with the safari. Stop again at the Uganda Equator for a coffee and photo moment and later arrive in the evening in Kampala. This marks the end of the Gorilla Habituation Safari experience in Uganda.
Gorilla Trekking Tips and Guidelines
- Drinking, eating and smoking nearby the mountain gorillas is prohibited, chosen place and time will be informed to you.
- Gorillas at times nest far away from the start point of your trekking, speed up yourself and take lots of water.
- Use gardening gloves for safeguard against harmful plants or insects.
- Bwindi being a humid forest, rain is unpredictable, so we advise you to come with a rain poncho or coat.
- Use long trousers, long-sleeved sweaters or shirts during your trek in the forest to avoid insect bites.
- Strong waterproof walking shoes or walking boots are necessary.
- Use porter’s’ services to help you carry your day luggage for a little fee.
- Taking photographs is allowed but without using camera flashes.
Included in the Price:-
- Gorilla habituation permit at USD 1500
- Ground transport throughout the trip
- Bottled mineral water in the vehicle
- Accommodation on full board as indicated in the tour plan
- Service of an English-speaking driver guide or a guide for any preferred international language
- Driver allowances and fees
- All tour activities except those that may be taken up as optional
- Everything as mentioned in the itinerary.
Excluded in the Trip
- Extras at the lodges likes drinks, telephone, laundry and others.
- Tips to porters and driver/ guide
- And anything not mentioned in the inclusive section.
More Gorilla Safaris in Uganda
This is a 3 days gorilla safari to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Trekkers under this package given one hour to be with the gorillas.
Mgahinga National park found in Kisoro District is another destination for mountain gorilla tracking after Bwindi Forest.
This Uganda safari involves gorilla trekking in Bwindi as well as game drive and boat cruise in Queen Elizabeth National Park.
The four days of a game safari in Lake Mburo National park and a gorilla trek in Bwindi are fantastic for any Uganda safari.