Cheapest Way to See Gorillas in Uganda – Affordable Budget Gorilla Tours in Uganda
The Cheapest Way to See Gorillas in Uganda is by booking shorter budget gorilla safaris and tours. One of the cheapest ways to trek gorillas in Uganda is by booking in cheap lodges for around Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. Uganda gorilla tours take place in the only two gorilla parks in the country. These parks are positioned in south western Uganda in the hilly Kigezi region that is closer to Rwanda and Congo. In this case, we recommend that you book a flight early plus a gorilla permit to confirm a tour with us. When your travel dates come, you will then fly into Rwanda and trek gorillas in Uganda. Having secured a Uganda gorilla permit and fly into Rwanda, you may choose to do a 1 day gorilla trekking safari or a 2 days gorilla tour. These short trips in Uganda from Kigali to Bwindi forest or Mgahinga National park are the most affordable gorilla tours in Uganda. Gorilla safaris in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park can be supplemented by golden monkey tracking plus nature tour adventures. You will drive through Katuna or Cyanika border points taking about 4 hours on the way to access Bwindi or Mgahinga.
Another low cost option of visiting gorillas in Uganda is by booking some of our budget safaris. These trips begin from Entebbe or Kampala to the two gorilla parks in Uganda. Once you take a trip from Kampala, ensure that you book the one with budget accommodations and moderate form of transport. Some travelers hire vehicles for self-drive to cut costs for the driver. But we usually do not recommend this to the foreigners in Uganda. You can also trek gorillas in the Pearl of Africa especially in low season months running from March to May and October to November. In such periods of the year, lodges and hotels tend to offer good discounts on their rooms as they are not highly booked. Any tour operator you book with will be able to offer you a good low price, making the safari more affordable. With your flight agent, also book an air ticket early enough for higher possibilities of a cheaper one.
Tips for Cutting Costs for Visiting Gorillas in Uganda:-
- Visit Uganda for Gorilla trekking during the low season. Tracking gorillas in the low season months is among the cheapest way to visit mountain gorillas in Uganda.
- Booking cheap lodges and hotels. What differentiates a budget gorilla tour from a mid-range or luxury safari is the type of lodging that you choose to stay in during the trip.
- Booking shorter budget gorilla tours. Short Uganda safaris offer another cheap way of seeing these gentle giants. Take a shorter trips for like 1, 2 or 3 days.
- Gorillas in Uganda Best Time to Visit. However much gorilla trekking is regarded as an all year round activity, the best time for a gorilla trekking safari experience in Uganda.
- Check with your flight agent to book for a cheaper ticket. Target days when are air tickets are cheapest. According to the Cheap Air study, the cheapest days to fly are Tuesday and Wednesday, when you save an average of $73 per ticket. Sunday is the most expensive. The Expedia/ARC study found that the cheapest day to travel internationally are Thursday and Friday are best. Flying to see gorillas in part of the total cost for the trip. So when you target period when tickets are at their lowest, you will save a lot with huge discounts.
- Request for a moderate form of transport like a safari van or a simple vehicle that does not consume much fuel.
- Do not ask for more activities besides gorilla trekking. The more tour activities you include on your itinerary, the more money you will be charged. Stick to the gorilla watching programme only.
- Be precise in your inquiry message that you need budget gorilla trip. The tour operator knows what to package for.
- Ask to join a group tour if any. Though not common, but group tours save money for the low budget travelers. When you join other travelers in a group, the cost of transport and possibly accommodation is shared or discounted respectively.